Great Pyrenees / Mixed (long coat) : : Male : : Baby : : Large
Interested in adopting?
Learn more about the Great Pyrenees.
Print an adoption flyer for Cairo!
Introducing CAIRO! Cairo is an adorable Pyr mix who is about 9 months old. He is approximately 50lbs and will probably only get to 60-70lbs, he will be on the smaller side. Cairo is crate trained and potty trained. He is not destructive inside or outside of the home and has not been a digger. He will bark if you are late for his dinner, or he wants to go outside to go potty. He sleeps on a doggie bed at night. He is working on his commands including sit, stay, come, and walking on leash. He likes all goodies, chew toys, bones, etc. He plays with big and small dogs and all sorts of breeds and both male and female dogs. Cats are an unknown. His personality is one of more shy but super sweet and super loving. He would do best with a calmer family and not a loud rambunctious group. If he gets scared, he will retreat as he can get shy at new situations. He is so super sweet and loving that his shyness is very endearing. He could be an only dog in a calm home or have playmates to play with, either way he would do well. He rides well in the car. Loud voices and yelling frighten him. Calm, sweet, baby voices make him wag his tail constantly. He was very sick as a puppy and was going to be euthanized at the Fort Worth shelter. He was saved and taken care of by a wonderful foster who nursed him back to health. Cairo is the cutest guy who deserves a loving forever home! Cairo is currently in Texas but can be on the next NW transport.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR PUPPY ADOPTION:
1) PUPPIES WILL ONLY BE PLACED IN HOMES THAT HAVE AT LEAST ONE MEDIUM TO LARGE YOUTHFUL, PLAYFUL RESIDENT DOG that is age 1 or older. This helps integrate the dog into your household easier by giving the pup a mentor.
2) These puppies are not livestock dogs. They must be family pets that are allowed inside the home.
3) In addition to the youthful playful dog, someone must also be home at least part of the day. Please do not apply for a puppy if you are gone 8+ hours a day.
4) We give preference to applicants with prior Great Pyrenees knowledge/experience.
5) Secure and visible fencing required.
6) You must have a plan in place to socialize your puppy properly.
Adoption Fee: $325
All of our puppies are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up to date on age appropriate vaccinations.
We do not adopt to families with children under the age of 6.
Transport Fee: $350
Transport fee includes the cost of transport plus the Health Certificate required for USDA approved transport.
All of our puppies are spayed/neutered and up to date on vaccinations.
Adoption applications can be found on our website: www.greatpyrsandpaws.org
Northwest adopter pays cost of transport to independent transport company. Transport is arranged by GPPR.
More about Cairo
Good with Dogs, Good with Older/Considerate Kids Only, Good with Adults, Somewhat vocal, Requires a yard, Leashtrained, Cratetrained, Timid, Eager To Please, Intelligent, Even-tempered